You need a working Windows 7 professional product key to install Windows 7 professional on your computer.
This post includes a free list of genuine serial keys and activation methods.
How to Get a Windows 7 Professional Product Key
A Windows 7 Professional product key is required to verify a copy of the Windows 7 professional. The product key is a 25-character digit code.
You must provide a valid code to activate Windows 7 professional to its premium version.
There are two ways to acquire a Windows 7 key:
- Purchase an original copy of Windows 7 professional (either on the internet or from a local dealer) and you will get a genuine key with it
- Get a serial key from the free list of Windows 7 Pro product keys on this page
If you choose the first option, you will have to pay a fee. But the second option is 100% free.
Where to Find Your Windows 7 Professional Product Key
You can find your professional product key Windows in different locations depending on how you acquired the Operating System.
- If you’ve bought a premium copy of Windows 7 Professional on a CD/DVD, you should find the Win 7 product key inside the product box
- Given you got a computer with Windows pre-installed, ask the retailer to provide the professional Windows 7 product key
- If you’ve purchased a copy of from the Microsoft store online, check the order confirmation email
- It is always important to keep your Windows product key 7 safe; however, if you have lost it, we’ve got a free list of professional Windows 7 keys you can use.
Windows 7 Professional product key (32-bit)
Windows 7 Professional product key (64-bit)
Every Windows 7 serial key on this page is valid and should activate the software. However, if you don’t find a working product key, then someone must have already used it.
But you don’t have to worry because we update this list every day. You can bookmark and visit this post later for updated Windows product keys 7.
Windows 7 Professional Product Key
Here is an updated list of working Windows 7 professional product keys you can use to ensure you have active Windows.
Windows 7 is not only the most popular but the best Windows Operating Systems. Hopefully, one of the Windows 7 product keys on this Windows key ultimate post has enabled you to activate your copy so that you can access all the features it has to offer.
As mentioned above, if you don’t find a working key, you can visit this page later for updated keys. However, if you don’t have a Windows 7 Professional product key, you can still activate the Windows 7 professional without a product key.
Continue reading to learn the activation method.
How to Activate Windows 7 Without a Product Key
As you’ve seen, getting a working Windows 7 key is quite easy. This post has more than enough product keys for Windows 7, and we update them regularly.
However, using an activation key is just one way of activating Windows 7 Professional. You can also activate the Windows 7 professional without a Windows 7 professional product key. You don’t have to be tech-savvy to pull this off.
Follow these steps.
Find and Delete an SLUI File
The first step you need to take is to find and delete SLUI.
Here are the steps to guide you through the process:
- Go to the folder that contains your Windows (C:/Windows)
- Find the System 32 folder in the Windows folder and open it
- Use the search tool provided on the file browser to find “SLUI”
- Select the SLUI file and delete it
- By removing the SLUI file, you will have deleted your previous activation record
- If you are unable to delete this file, you may have to make yourself its ‘owner’ to delete it.
Continue reading to find how.
Here are the simple steps that will guide you through the process:
- Go to your file manager and right-click on the SLUI file
- Select Properties
- On the new Window, choose the Security tab and click the Advanced button to access more options
- Now click Owner tab on the new window
- Then select the option that enables you to select the current user as the owner of the file
- Click the Apply button and close all open windows
- Go to the file manager and open C:/Windows > System32 folder
- Right-click on the SLUI file and choose Properties
- Follow steps 2 and 3 highlighted above and open the Security tab
- Choose Users and select the Edit option
- You can now edit user permissions
- Give the current user ‘full control.’
- Close these windows
- Go to the SLUI file and delete
Now you can go ahead and activate Windows 7 without a Windows 7 product key.
Proceed to the next step to learn how
Activate Windows 7 Without an Activation Key
You are now free to activate your Windows 7. Note that you don’t need a Windows 7 professional product key to activate the Windows 7 professional here.
This activation method involves typing some commands on the CMD.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Click the Start button
- Type Run in the search box to open Run
- Put CMD into the dialogue box and hit enter
- You will see a new window where you can type your commands
- Type’ slmgr –rearm’ in CMD and press Enter
- Wait a few seconds and then reboot your computer
- Now follow steps 1-5 and type ‘slmgr –ato’ in CMD
- Hit Enter and read the message of your desktop
The message should read, ‘You have successfully activated Windows.’
Can I Get Windows 7 for Free?
You can easily download an ISO image of Windows 7 for free from the Microsoft official website. However, you will be required to provide the serial key of the Windows 7 you purchased or one that came with your computer.
Can I Move My Windows 7 License to Another Computer?
Yes, but only if it is a retail license. It is possible to move it to another computer provided you only install it on one computer at a time. You must delete the previous installation of Windows 7 on the old computer.
Activating on another computer will automatically deactivate the key product Windows 7 on the old computer. The license will work on both 32 and 64 bit systems, but you can only install one at a time.
However, if it is an OEM license, you cannot move it to a new computer. These licenses are non-transferable. If you want to install Windows a new computer, you will have to purchase another copy of the Windows 7 professional.
If it’s a retail license, you can simply reactive by telephone:
- Click Start button and enter slui.exe4 in the search box
- Press Enter
- Select your Country/Region
- Choose the option Phone Activation, call the number displayed on your screen, and wait to speak to a real person.
What Happens if You Don’t Activate Windows 7?
Failure to activate your copy of Windows 7 leaves you with a somehow usable but annoying Windows 7 professional. After the 30-day free trial period, Windows 7 will constantly prompt you to enter a valid product key to activate.
You will also get a notification that the Windows you are using is not genuine each time you open the Control panel.
How do I Download Windows 7 Without a Product Key?
Microsoft only allows you to download a Windows 7 ISO image from the Microsoft website if you have a genuine retail Windows 7 professional product key.
Petr is a serial tech entrepreneur and the CEO of Apro Software, a machine learning company. Whenever he’s not blogging about technology for itechgyan.com or softwarebattle.com, Petr enjoys playing sports and going to the movies. He’s also deeply interested about mediation, Buddhism and biohacking.